Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:48:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Photography / Video / History  |  History and Preservation  |  collecting a little artifact/ allowable or taboo
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: collecting a little artifact/ allowable or taboo  (Read 4900 times)
military nut
« on: December 04, 2009, 09:45:19 PM »

every abandoned spot i visit i try and collect a little piece of it. example being of the 13 state hospitals in mass i have collected a sprinkler head from 9 of the 13.  tewksberry,Boston,moonson and danvers being the ones i don't have. some of my friends who explore with me say the only thing that i should take is pictures. i disagree. cant say I'm up on urban exploration ethics 101, but how do you feel about it?  what was the neatest thing you have ever collected? i have a tie.  in 87 i found in an old military bunker in rehoboth mass inside it was a wooden crate marked Thompson machine guns. the wood spacers and cosmoline stains were inside a stamp of 1943 was on the outside. The second thing was a speaker that you used to hookup to your car when you went to  a drive in movie. (those old enough to remember before they tied it into your car radio) it took me 18 different drive in movie theaters before i found one. anyone have something they look for in particular
Scarecrow
Custom Titty
Urbex Legend

Valhalladelphia

View Profile Flickr
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:25:48 PM »

Im all down for collecting stuff. Ive got an awesome leather jacket (that fits!), tons of blue prints, Hillary Clinton bubble gum cigars, various medical equipments etc etc
abandonedNH
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 12:45:28 PM »

Hillary Clinton bubble gum cigars

Totally still jealous of these, haha.

As for me, I'll take stuff too. I think the majority of people do, whether they'll openly admit it or not. In fact, there are very few explorers I know or have explored with that *haven't* taken something from a location we've been at. Some of my favorite artifacts I've collected are a contact gown from BSS, the 15 mph speed limit sign from BSS, and DSH window bars found at the bottom of the hill back at the beginning of this summer.
Axle
Urbex Legend

Hello World!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 01:25:04 PM »

I have a nice collection myself, documents really. Anything that assists with researching the history of a location. Plus the odds and ends make for great conversation pieces.
Soldat
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 12:49:37 AM »

in 87 i found in an old military bunker in rehoboth mass inside it was a wooden crate marked Thompson machine guns. the wood spacers and cosmoline stains were inside a stamp of 1943 was on the outside.

That is fucking awesome!
GrayFox
From chaos comes clarity
Urbex Legend

A Star Of CCTV

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 01:05:51 AM »

I take whatever interests me.
Scarecrow
Custom Titty
Urbex Legend

Valhalladelphia

View Profile Flickr
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 02:52:28 AM »

Plus the odds and ends make for great conversation pieces.

my Vaginal Speculum has provided me a tremendous amount of amusement in this sense. Anything i can use to get women to recoil in horror and not wind up in jail is pure win in my book.
Mike Dijital
Webmaster
Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• Est. 1975

View Profile Dijital Photography
    « Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 01:11:24 PM »

Collecting stuff is great, finding a home for it after 10 years of collecting dust in your house, thats tough

Though All the lights in my home are lights from the seclution rooms at Danvers State Hospital. all refurbished, and licenced electician installed

here is a quick pic, even the floor lamp has a DSH glass fixure upside down... i dunno it just fit lol

military nut
    « Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 10:49:37 PM »

hey mike got any DSH sprinkler heads?
    WSH
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 11:13:15 AM »

Personally I think it's ok to take stuff if the building has no reasonable hope at being rehabbed and nothing you take damages the building during its removal.   
    Mad Dawg
    OG Fuck Nigga
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 05:22:52 PM »

I've got a good collection of stuff in my room. Ward books from a developmental center in MD are probably some of my favorite things. The building 4 sign from Haverford State and a set of keys. Many blueprints from different places. A bowling ball and a basketball from HSH. Two chunks of the original wood basketball court from demolition. Etc.
    cow
    « Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 05:25:31 PM »

It gets to the point that you have nowhere to put it all, and no matter what junk drawer or closet you open, you see something.

So far I have collected :

paperwork, glasses, prizes (from an amusement park), various door knobs, signs, drawer handles from the morgue, lights, windows, glass medical jars, blocks, a huge billboard ( 8' x 6' ), a wooden wall mounted box for a fire extinguisher, 2 giant insulators from the top of a telephone pole.....

I know there's more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.
    SMcConnell
    Urbex Legend

View Profile http://flickr.com/photos/sarahmcconnell/sets
    « Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 12:33:48 PM »

I rescue books!
    R3D
    Admin
    Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• I'LL PISS ON YO CAT!

View Profile Northville Regional Psychiatric Hospital
    « Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 12:37:54 PM »

steal everything that isnt nailed down, and break everything that is
    lol
    Oh no way, I've been up for a thousand days
    But you can cut me down when I'm old and gray
    And if you catch me on the move, you can come along
    Or you can disapprove
    I might be hard to find, you know it happens every time
    Soldat
    « Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 01:02:05 AM »

I've got a good collection of stuff in my room. Ward books from a developmental center in MD are probably some of my favorite things. The building 4 sign from Haverford State and a set of keys. Many blueprints from different places. A bowling ball and a basketball from HSH. Two chunks of the original wood basketball court from demolition. Etc.

Lol, those bowling balls werent from HSH.
    Scarecrow
    Custom Titty
    Urbex Legend

Valhalladelphia

View Profile Flickr
    « Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 11:57:52 AM »

Lol, those bowling balls werent from HSH.

Yup. All the originals where gone before you started going.
    Soldat
    « Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 05:30:12 PM »

Yup. All the originals where gone before you started going.

You likely have one of the balls me and my friends took from Wynnewood Lanes to bowl there with.
    Scarecrow
    Custom Titty
    Urbex Legend

Valhalladelphia

View Profile Flickr
    « Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 08:55:31 PM »

You likely have one of the balls me and my friends took from Wynnewood Lanes to bowl there with.

When did you take those there? Jackie has a blue one we found in oct 06 and i would love to tell her that its not an original  *w/e*
    Soldat
    « Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 10:49:24 PM »

When did you take those there? Jackie has a blue one we found in oct 06 and i would love to tell her that its not an original  *w/e*

Way back when I first was going and i wasnt an explorer, just a dumb local kid so it was at very least in early 2006..
    JasonUE
    « Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 09:44:53 PM »

I agree with WSH. I have taken a few things from Danvers State, I have a few blueprints from The Draper Corp.
    Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
    « previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
    Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.