Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:51:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Photography / Video / History  |  History and Preservation  |  collecting a little artifact/ allowable or taboo
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: collecting a little artifact/ allowable or taboo  (Read 4913 times)
Shadows
Urbex Legend

It was like that when we got here.

View Profile shadows and rust
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2011, 01:38:53 PM »

When I started exploring I never took anything from a location.  Then I started seeing the things I left to preserve them going into dumpsters when the wrecking crew came, being destroyed but kids who have nothing better to do than ruin a place, or showing up on ebay.  So after that I started "archiving" bits and pieces of locations.  Usually it's small stuff that won't be missed, but I have a few bigger treasures that I'm very happy I got before they were gone.
ShadowS
squad546
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011, 03:31:17 AM »

On the subject of suicides, the strangest I've seen looking through old death certificates for ESH in Ky is a woman that broke a window and swallowed the broken glass. Another drowned in 4 inches of water on the farm but it was listed as an accident. Not sure what to make of that though.

Several years ago I ran across some records at a hospital several years ago ahead of vandals. They weren't real specific, more like general notes on about 20 patients shortly before it's closure. Sadly there was a pile of SSI info in another room. Here's a couple examples;

dreischienig
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2011, 05:29:40 PM »

Personally I think it's ok to take stuff if the building has no reasonable hope at being rehabbed and nothing you take damages the building during its removal.   

This is my philosophy too. Several of the things I've taken home with me had already been removed and discarded by vandals or scrappers, or were the kind of stuff that would just get binned when a cleaning or demolition crew came through, depending on the ultimate fate of the building.

An old can opener from a break room, or 70s soda bottles, stuff like that is really neat to me and probably a lot of you, but it's just trash to be thrown away or shit to be broken for fun for others. I don't feel bad about taking such things and displaying them or keeping them as a memento of an adventure. I personally draw the line at taking things for the purpose of reselling them though.
Joec
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2011, 06:03:52 PM »

Theres a couple old projector machines at lyman that I would love to have but getting caught with it would definetely ensue
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 22 queries.