Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:31:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Photography / Video / History  |  History and Preservation  |  Westborough State Hospital
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Westborough State Hospital  (Read 2167 times)
Mike Dijital
Webmaster
Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• Est. 1975

View Profile Dijital Photography
    « on: March 30, 2011, 10:02:15 AM »

The Hospital Reuse Presentation from a March 29th public hearing.

The Site Analysis: http://edc.town.westborough.ma.us/Documents/WSH_ReuseCommissionMeeting_Sept29th_2010.pdf
    The Concept Plan: http://edc.town.westborough.ma.us/Documents/WSH_ConceptsCOMMISSION_MEETING_Feb16_2011.pdf
    WSH
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 02:38:42 PM »

Thanks for the update.   Those are some very extensive (and probably expensive) reuse studies.    I'm not familier with Westborough but judging from all the maps/photos in the studies it looks like it sits on a really nice piece of property.
    Joec
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 10:17:12 PM »

I wonder how long we have to explore the place.  I live fairly close and have to say that not much is happenin up there.
    Skullflame
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 09:11:53 PM »

I was there a few months ago to scope it out and kept seeing this one security car zipping all over the place.  Also noticed there were a bunch of State Trooper cars parked in one of the lots.  I didn't want to push my luck so I left.  :(
    Big Ed
    Romper Room Do Bee
    Immortals
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 01:14:44 PM »

One of the buildings is still in use.  The Hadley Building is being used for administrative purposes, and is going to have more people working in it as a number of our IT professionals have found out to their chagrin.  They are trying to centralize the nuts and bolts part of the department.  They may be continuing to run the department motor pool from there. It's also where our technical shit is located.
    If life hands you melons your're probably dyslexic
    Skullflame
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 09:36:31 AM »

Really state troopers at the state hospital? Its getting harder and harder to get into places like these its not like it use to be where places sat forgotten. Now most cops set there lunch breaks up in front of these places just hoping to catch someone sneaking on in.

I often kick myself for not getting into this many years ago for one of those reasons.  That and I missed some great places that are now gone. :(  Some of which were minutes from my house.
    k8 vonwolfie
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 08:52:04 PM »

i was just at westboro during the hurricane. Its a little dificult to get in but not impossible. I do have to say I have yet to see a state troopers car there but i do see security riding around often enough
    Joec
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 09:39:41 PM »

Was out here today.  Not much luck.
    Joec
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 09:55:28 AM »

No luck meaning my plan didnt go to plan.  I have an entrance its just that the tunnel didnt go where I wanted it to.  Im interested to here how you got in/which building.  Pm me.
    k8 vonwolfie
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 01:49:47 PM »

No luck meaning my plan didnt go to plan.  I have an entrance its just that the tunnel didnt go where I wanted it to.  Im interested to here how you got in/which building.  Pm me.

i answered your pm btw
    sewerRat21
    Darkroom Junkie
    Immortals
    Urbex Legend

Forum

View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 10:50:50 AM »

I have made a few trips out to Westborough this past week, and after striking out the first time, successfully gained entrance to the Admin building. In the rest of my trips, myself and the individual i was with made it into all of admin, the theatre, and the school house. I don't know how long the entrance will be open, but while it still is, Westborough is worth the trip.
    k8 vonwolfie
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 06:25:12 PM »

I have made a few trips out to Westborough this past week, and after striking out the first time, successfully gained entrance to the Admin building. In the rest of my trips, myself and the individual i was with made it into all of admin, the theatre, and the school house. I don't know how long the entrance will be open, but while it still is, Westborough is worth the trip.

Ya, Joec and I made a trip there a few months ago. Found a decent way in and he showed me a part of the place I had not yet been to before which really blew my mind because I had tried getting into that one for quite some time with lots of failures and I showed him spots he hadn't been to before. It was quite a day! I really enjoy it there and feel it's always worth the trip. Glad you got in and had fun!
    sewerRat21
    Darkroom Junkie
    Immortals
    Urbex Legend

Forum

View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 09:53:17 AM »

Thanks. It was a hell of a place. my first real interesting building oddly enough. i just wish more of those tunnels were open... ##:(
    sewerRat21
    Darkroom Junkie
    Immortals
    Urbex Legend

Forum

View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 10:01:05 AM »

Has anyone heard anything new regarding this proposed renovation?
    Mike Dijital
    Webmaster
    Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• Est. 1975

View Profile Dijital Photography
    « Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 01:46:57 PM »

ANy new news on westboro?
    sewerRat21
    Darkroom Junkie
    Immortals
    Urbex Legend

Forum

View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 04:20:08 PM »

ANy new news on westboro?
    Tighter than a nuns vagina. The super easy super stealthy way in we had is sealed and watched. And the hole near the loading dock is also sealed :( give it time, it will open up again.
    The Dude!
    Why so serious?
    Urbex Legend

We are..."The State Boys"

View Profile The Dude's UE
    « Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 12:57:33 AM »

I was out by Westborough for work last week.  Couldn't do any exploring or even driving on the property due to legal issues right now, but it looked pretty dead around the parts of campus I could see.  Security was just sitting at their trailer.  A couple of deliveries were being made to the still active mental health building, so those guys were driving around.  However, across the street at the power plant, there were Sherriff's vehicles all around, looked like training exercises.  So be cautious if you're venturing out there during a weekday.  I've been at Norwich while the state police were doing K-9 training.  We actually went to the bowling alley and heard them moving around upstairs, so we got the hell out.  So I'm sure it'd be similar here, they probably use some of the more recently closed sections for training every now and then.
    "Another shiny robot lieing mangled by the roadside.  If you don't want to get caught, you must go where the ghosts hide."
    sewerRat21
    Darkroom Junkie
    Immortals
    Urbex Legend

Forum

View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 09:26:43 AM »

I'm goin up this weekend anyone want to meet?
    Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
    « previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
    Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.