Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:13:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Paranormal and Ghost Society  |  Paranormal  |  More Than 50 Stones Overturned At Historic MA Cemetery
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More Than 50 Stones Overturned At Historic MA Cemetery  (Read 1516 times)
Ademan
Urbex Legend

Forum

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2011, 09:34:36 AM »

I was reading the local newspaper the other day, The Sun Chronicle, when I came across this article.

http://www.sunchronicle.com/articles/2011/03/31/news/9100813.txt

Needless to say, it pissed me off. I knew the damage was going to be bad, but judging by the photos sent to me by a friend, I never would have guessed the damage to be anything like what I found. The article wasn't exaggerating. More than 50 gravestones toppled for no reason. The lack of respect for both the dead, and history in general is sickening.

These photos were taken the other night after I heard about the destruction. What a fucking shame, and this was only half of the cemetery...

And here's a link to a post I'd made about this cemetery already being in a state of disrepair back in 2007
http://ade07.blogspot.com/2007/02/disrepair-cemetery-22307.html

What I'd like to do is set up some kind of PayPal deal and try and get some donations for the repair, since the church that maintains it wont be able to afford the restoration. I don't want to go through all the trouble though, only to find out no one would donate. What do you guys think?
LBNF
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 10:16:31 AM »

Wow... I don't even know what to say to this. This is really sickening.  *witchhunt*

If I wasn't struggling to pay bills, rent, etc, right now, I would definitely make some kind of a donation.

jtcolfax
Urbex Legend

Forum

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 10:12:57 AM »

This is a LOT to SWALLOW:
and it just keeps happening, doesn't it.
http://www.thesunchronicle.com/articles/2011/08/08/attleboro/9952101.txt
WSH
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 10:48:12 AM »

Wow!

It must really take a bad ass to pick on buried people!

My family replaced some damaged and illegible tombstones (by time) at our family plot a year or two ago, and it's not cheap!
AngelOfThyNight
Darkness Is My Breath
Immortals
Urbex Legend

Wassup Lord Rick Is In Da House!

View Profile The Paranormal & Ghost Society
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 06:14:47 AM »

As always great photography Ademan its wrong that someone did this I just never could understand why people ruin other peoples grave sites. I would be afraid of the karma those fuckers are going to have serious. I visit allot of graveyards myself and even where I am at out west you see this all the time. I remember over a year ago I just got done visiting this cemetery in UT and a week later two drunk kids went in destroying a bunch of stones. One of the stones I photographed prior to it being destroyed now I may hold one of the only photos of it.
Lord Rick
arntzville
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »

Our country is circling the drain. Every generation thinks that the younger ones are finally going to wreck the country for good, but the ones that are entering adulthood now are so much more colossally stupid and ignorant that there really is just no hope. Every person my company has hired out of college (college!) the past few years has been a barely literate troglodyte.
Mike Dijital
Webmaster
Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• Est. 1975

View Profile Dijital Photography
    « Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 04:25:01 PM »

@Ademan how did this ever resolve, did they catch who did this, and I assume the stones were repaired at some point
    AngelOfThyNight
    Darkness Is My Breath
    Immortals
    Urbex Legend

Wassup Lord Rick Is In Da House!

View Profile The Paranormal & Ghost Society
    « Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 08:04:03 PM »

I hope they catch the bastards I see this out here too some of the ghost town cemeteries I go to people dig up graves, smash graves etc. What the hell is wrong with people who desecrate the dearly departed? People like that can rot in hell!
    Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
    « previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
    Page created in 0.067 seconds with 21 queries.