Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:04:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Regional Urban Exploring  |  Tri State  |  Destroying my lungs
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Destroying my lungs  (Read 1390 times)
trailbound
Urbex Legend

Forum

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2011, 11:00:03 PM »

Went back to the Air Force radar base to see more of it and to play some basketball in the gym. Got to see the one building that is said to be the computer building. Was only able to see the inside because I'm skinny. Totally dark in there and I need to go back. Photos from that building didn't come out well but we had fun and played some Bball in the gym.

Entrance to the gym

Gym

Needed a drink after the game

Housing for the base

Entertainment back then

Washing up

The hall of rooms

The airflow for heat

The earth takes over

R3D
Admin
Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• I'LL PISS ON YO CAT!

View Profile Northville Regional Psychiatric Hospital
    « Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 08:37:03 PM »

nice set, cool location.

buildings arent gonna fuck up your lungs unless you intentionally snort asbestos or lead paint.
    ive been "exploring" since 1980 or 81.

i went to the hospital one day cuz of severe chest pain. turns out i had a torn rotator cuff, pneumonia and emphysema, no sign of any damages from asbestos. they said this was from smoking since the 80s, and probably due to exposure to chemicals during my 20 years of being an electrician.
    hope that eases your mind about asbestos. dust and shit IS bad, but only from constant exposure. ive actually worked on buildings which seemed to be carved out of asbestos, no problems from it at all. when i get semi healthy again (i have 5 bulging discs, 2 are torn), i plan to return to exploring, and i wont change a single habit, fuck a mask. the only thing i wont be able to do that i could before is jog 40 flights of stairs to the roof of a sky scraper without stopping. and with my inhalers, maybe i CAN still do that!
    Oh no way, I've been up for a thousand days
    But you can cut me down when I'm old and gray
    And if you catch me on the move, you can come along
    Or you can disapprove
    I might be hard to find, you know it happens every time
    trailbound
    Urbex Legend

Forum

View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 04:26:03 PM »

nice set, cool location.

buildings arent gonna fuck up your lungs unless you intentionally snort asbestos or lead paint.
    ive been "exploring" since 1980 or 81.

i went to the hospital one day cuz of severe chest pain. turns out i had a torn rotator cuff, pneumonia and emphysema, no sign of any damages from asbestos. they said this was from smoking since the 80s, and probably due to exposure to chemicals during my 20 years of being an electrician.
    hope that eases your mind about asbestos. dust and shit IS bad, but only from constant exposure. ive actually worked on buildings which seemed to be carved out of asbestos, no problems from it at all. when i get semi healthy again (i have 5 bulging discs, 2 are torn), i plan to return to exploring, and i wont change a single habit, fuck a mask. the only thing i wont be able to do that i could before is jog 40 flights of stairs to the roof of a sky scraper without stopping. and with my inhalers, maybe i CAN still do that!

Thanks. I'm not really worried about my lungs I just titled it that because the one building was really sealed up and had lots of fire damage in it smelled really bad and lost of dust. I don't wear a mask. My friends were kinda worried thats way I just through that title up. It was nice of you to tell me this though. My thing is there was one place I went in before and it smelled of death a smell that was almost unbearable.
    R3D
    Admin
    Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• I'LL PISS ON YO CAT!

View Profile Northville Regional Psychiatric Hospital
    « Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 10:48:12 AM »

oh god i know that smell! theres a bunch of abandoned slaughter houses along some abandoned train tracks in detroit.
    ever slip on whats left of a pig after its been sitting there for god knows how long? i never went in that building, or many others along those tracks. the smell is just fuckin horrible!
    Oh no way, I've been up for a thousand days
    But you can cut me down when I'm old and gray
    And if you catch me on the move, you can come along
    Or you can disapprove
    I might be hard to find, you know it happens every time
    SteaZer
    S.O.L
    Urbex Legend

"lord rick's tha shit"

View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 12:01:04 AM »

im liking #8  *kewl*
    Team FAT Kidz
    MeKilla the Hun
    Urbex Legend

chocolate salty balls

View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 02:23:22 AM »

you got some really cool shots here dude... 4, 5 & 6.. awesome :punk: i'm jealous, looks like a really fun place!
    Muff Huffer DONT EVER FUCK WITH ME!
    trailbound
    Urbex Legend

Forum

View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 09:34:54 AM »

you got some really cool shots here dude... 4, 5 & 6.. awesome :punk: i'm jealous, looks like a really fun place!

Thanks. It is a really cool place. I want to go back again.
    Mike Dijital
    Webmaster
    Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• Est. 1975

View Profile Dijital Photography
    « Reply #7 on: March 04, 2020, 04:45:17 PM »

Thanks. It is a really cool place. I want to go back again.

@trailbound did you ever end up going back?
    Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
    « previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
    Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.