Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:26:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Photography / Video / History  |  Photography  |  The Midway After Midnight
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Midway After Midnight  (Read 838 times)
Ademan
Urbex Legend

Forum

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2011, 12:38:22 AM »

Once a year, a local religious shrine(LaSalette) holds it's annual carnival. I was bored last night around 1AM, so I decided I'd try and sneak around the midway taking some shots after hours, when the rides were shut down and the people were non-existent. I arrived and set up in the shadows on the far end of the fair grounds. I set up the shot for a one minute exposure, hit the shutter, and started to hear the noise of an approaching skateboard. Soon after, a flashlight coming through the midway. I watched the security guard stop, question the skater, and kick him off the grounds before stepping out of the shadows and announcing myself. Luckily, I work for the local newspaper, and happened to have my credentials on me. I used them, telling the guard I was just shooting for stock photos(even though I technically wasn't), and he radioed another guard to come walk me through the midway so i could get whatever shots I needed. I now had all the time in the world, no worry of getting spotted, and the ability to light paint as needed. I spent the next 3 hours shooting, sharing stories of his carnie adventures and my urbex tales. Good dude.

The midway after midnight is an eerie place. No people, no power, no sound. Just you and the rides. Props to the security guards, who were way more hospitable than I was expecting after watching them put an end to the skateboarders fun.

WSH
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 10:20:06 AM »

This is pretty cool!  I was just at a carnival this past weekend (WV State Strawberry Festival).    I've never seen the "crazy bus" ride before.
KRUSH
Realm Keeper of the Dead
Urbex Legend

It's Mr. Asshole to you!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 02:23:27 AM »

Kinda cool and creepy.
ECUE
Mike Dijital
Webmaster
Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• Est. 1975

View Profile Dijital Photography
    « Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 10:51:35 PM »

@Ademan I love the colors in this set. its like all neon
    Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
    « previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
    Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.