Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:42:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Photography / Video / History  |  Photography  |  Hotel Hell
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hotel Hell  (Read 942 times)
hoodwatch
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« on: May 25, 2011, 09:35:16 PM »

The first time I went here was over 2 years ago. I was not happy with my photos at all and decided to try and get in again. The old entrance was a walk in the park but the new one involves straddling a 3ft gap between 2 walls with an 18ft drop into the basement between them with the outer wall made of shitty crumbling bricks. Not fun or worth it really. I realized I probably didn't like my pictures mainly because this place is destroyed. 2 years ago it was in ok shape structurally but now there are many random holes in the concrete floor and lots of open shaftways. While walking down one stairwell I saw before me an entire stair section that had just fallen off. The bottom is all boarded up and nearly pitch black which prevents you from getting some neat shots of the ornate stairs. I mainly wanted to try and get roof shots but it was on and off rain all day and the roof was super slick. I was not able to get the best angle on the sign up top since I had to prop myself against a vent of some kind. At least I lived to tell the tale. A shame they could never fix it up. Looks like someone had come in and gutted every last thing and even took the old safe out.

3. At one point the center section of the roof actually retracted...

KRUSH
Realm Keeper of the Dead
Urbex Legend

It's Mr. Asshole to you!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 01:32:05 AM »

Easy on the fish-eye dude. Nothing wrong with that. But you got some shots in the first few. Musta been overcast. I just think a wide angle would have been better in the last shots. But still cool.

ECUE
WSH
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 10:23:56 AM »

I really like #6
jtcolfax
Urbex Legend

Forum

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 03:10:06 PM »

I get frustrated every time I see this place, BC I think I actually stayed there in about 94.  Twas a hellhole I stayed in.  I just can't be sure it was this one.
AlphaCueUp
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 01:32:12 PM »

nice set...that place looks so cool....like those balconies... or w/e, and the enclosed courtyard looking thingy...looks like a lot of fun, and i think the fish-eye distortion is just the bee's knees... :2guns:
Mike Dijital
Webmaster
Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• Est. 1975

View Profile Dijital Photography
    « Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 05:21:29 PM »

I get frustrated every time I see this place, BC I think I actually stayed there in about 94.  Twas a hellhole I stayed in.  I just can't be sure it was this one.

@jtcolfax to bad you didnt have photos of your stay/
    Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
    « previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
    Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.