Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:57:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Regional Urban Exploring  |  Tri State  |  Steel Stamping Plant
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steel Stamping Plant  (Read 1286 times)
hoodwatch
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2011, 09:19:28 PM »

After visiting the hotel we decided to search for something off the beaten path. We drove all over but never found anything worth trying to get inside. Then we crested the hill and saw a massive collection of seemingly Detroit-sized abandoned warehouses. After coming up with a plan to try and get in which involved climbing a lot of rubble and walking a lot of railroad track we search several options of getting in with no luck. While 4 members of the group attempted to dangerously climb a railroad bridge I decided to take a look around the other side. When I noticed the fence had been cut I knew people must have been getting in that way. Lucky for us we did find a way into this mystery warehouse. Unfortunately the one building we made it into (it had tunnels connecting it to other things but they were sealed and separated off) was pretty much just an old empty warehouse. It wasn't until we were high up on another floor that we saw any evidence of what these place even was. Turns out it was an automotive sheet metal stamping plant. This company is credited with making one of the first steel bodied automobiles as well as inventing the uni-body design most cars use today. It also made stainless steel train cars for a long time as well and even airplanes briefly. Eventually the company closed the factory down in maybe as late as 1999 and moved the remaining operations to Michigan.

1. This is only a fraction of the entire complex and half of one building. The 2nd photo is of the building behind this which is connected...

2. HUGE warehouse. The floor was also very new and clean. Someone definitely has plans for this building soon. You could see tire track marks as well which made us nervous...

3. This one can't throw a football but it also won't sexually assault any co-eds...

4. Cool old sign. I almost wonder if it was covered by drywall at one point and maybe more recently discovered...

5. HUGE columns. These guys could support some serious weight from the 6 floors above them...

10. Thanks for stopping. You're welcome door...

12. My favorite shot of the day. All natural, no HDR needed...
KRUSH
Realm Keeper of the Dead
Urbex Legend

It's Mr. Asshole to you!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 02:23:39 AM »

HAHA!! I know this place. Another delight was across the street from there too you could have hit.
ECUE
hoodwatch
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 07:21:24 AM »

HAHA!! I know this place. Another delight was across the street from there too you could have hit.

Part of the same complex or not? A thunderstorm started to happen so we rolled out.
KRUSH
Realm Keeper of the Dead
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 01:36:05 AM »

Part of the same complex or not? A thunderstorm started to happen so we rolled out.

No, a whole different thing. Only one building remains of a huge once striving business.
ECUE
hoodwatch
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 10:33:08 PM »

No, a whole different thing. Only one building remains of a huge once striving business.

Was it a tasty explore?
KRUSH
Realm Keeper of the Dead
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 07:32:27 AM »

Was it a tasty explore?

Nope. Metal.
ECUE
Mike Dijital
Webmaster
Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• Est. 1975

View Profile Dijital Photography
    « Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 02:39:41 PM »

Another great set from @hoodwatch
    Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
    « previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
    Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.