Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 12:49:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Regional Urban Exploring  |  Everything else  |  Old Main Jail Infiltration (warning pic heavy)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Old Main Jail Infiltration (warning pic heavy)  (Read 1348 times)
Jonno
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2011, 04:55:51 AM »

I haven been on for a few days, and was out looking for new spots, but have been unsuccessful lately. So I figured I haven't posted anything on here yet really, so I will bring one up from my archives (actually, only about 6 months ago). This location used to be the main jail for Maricopa County years ago. It has four levels with each one having fours runs of cells, and a central control area for each level. They shut it down due to structural problems and leaky sewage systems, that made it financially better to build a new jail rather than keep repairing this one. It still belongs to the county and a few years ago they renovated the top level to use for housing animals that are evidence in abuse cases. The 3 other levels are used for storage and rarely does anyone go to them, at least it looked that way, and I didn't end up seeing anyone in the hour I was there. The building is still patrolled on foot by Sheriff's Office personnel and they have sentenced inmates that are used for labor there. It has (kinda, but not really. It took me a month, and 3 scouting trips to figure it out) access from another building also owned by the county as well as the entrance at street level that is only accessable by the Sheriff's Office. I will let you guess which entrance I chose to use.  It was still a pain to get in here though. just because there was an entrance to the building does not mean that they let people use it, or like people wandering around this place. This was definitely one of the scarier infiltrations I have done, as I kept worrying that one of those doors would shut on me and I would be stuck, or that someone would come walking around a corner and I would be done for. Enough typing, some pics.

1: This is the view to the west from the main control area in the center of the level.

2: one of the visitation areas. On the other side of the paper was for the inmates, and it was filled with cleaning supplies.

3: Mirror in the visitation area

4: view looking down one of the runs from behind the bars.

5: a view into one of the cells. sleeps 8.

6: This looks to be the hall the guards would walk. All the cells were accessible from a hall way behind the cells. You can see the doors to that hall in the last picture.

7: This looked to be a dining area. 4 tables, 2 toilets, and a shower. strange place for a shower, but what do I know? You can also see the door to exit the dining area and more cells on the other side of that hallway.

8: More dining room

9:

10: The access hallway between cell blocks.

11: Of course I got a toilet shot.

12: Mmmmmm Peely paint & bars.

13: Not horrible for a 2 sec exposure with the tripod on my toe to get it high enough. I was sure this would turn out like crap. Not to mention I swore I could hear someone on the level I was on and I was ready to bolt and look for a hiding spot.

14: Random jail house gangbanger graf.

15: view through a little window.

16: random controls

17: One of my last views

18: Shouldn't this go without saying?

If you made it this far, thanks. Hope you liked it. I can't see myself risking this one again, but it was definitely worth it.
SteaZer
S.O.L
Urbex Legend

"lord rick's tha shit"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 08:23:41 PM »

nice spot.... digging the set too... nice
Team FAT Kidz
Mad Dawg
OG Fuck Nigga
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 08:40:31 PM »

These are so cool dude. Mad props, that's a ballsy fuckin infiltration. Looks like it paid off nicely though!
Axle
Urbex Legend

Hello World!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 11:09:31 PM »

Fantastic! I love jails, don't do them enough. Wonderful take on the place.
WSH
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 10:38:10 AM »

Gotta love the rush you get in places like this!   #13 is my favorite.
arntzville
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 11:29:49 AM »

This fucking rules, really nice job!
jtcolfax
Urbex Legend

Forum

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 02:54:41 PM »

I would not want to get caught in THAT Sherrif's jurisdiction.
Jonno
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 05:05:15 AM »

Thanks guys. 13 is my favorite from that place too. I have one that i cropped a little closer to the window and printed out as well and I love the look of the hallway and the door at the end through that scuffed up plexiglass. kind of ghostly.

Now, to look for more pics of Arizona. But I don't want to go crazy and blow this place up with threads when I just started posting here.
Mike Dijital
Webmaster
Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• Est. 1975

View Profile Dijital Photography
    « Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 11:47:39 AM »

@Jonno please post all the AZ you have, @Annarchy lived there for a while and never turns down shots of the place.
    Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
    « previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
    Page created in 0.059 seconds with 22 queries.