Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:57:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Photography / Video / History  |  History and Preservation  |  Really Bad News about Worcester State Hospital
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Really Bad News about Worcester State Hospital  (Read 961 times)
WSH
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2011, 06:15:15 PM »

DCAM has filed paperwork to demo what is left of the original building. There is a small last ditch effort to save just the clocktower portion of the admin. (very confusing but apparently the clocktower is somewhat of a seperate substructure withing the larger admin. building!).

You can read the article here:

WORCESTER
arntzville
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 06:21:10 PM »

The proposal to preserve the clocktower without the rest of the building is retarded. I am as outraged as anyone at the state demolishing this building, but would you want the freestanding clocktower next door to your house next time a hurricane rolls through? I sure as hell wouldn't.

The moment that the plan to build the new hospital was signed, this building was doomed, and we all knew it.
Mike Dijital
Webmaster
Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• Est. 1975

View Profile Dijital Photography
    « Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 06:29:09 PM »

THats how it always goes, everyone got pissed at me when I didnt attend any of the fund raisers to save Danvers, but I knew, you cant stop city hall, simple as that.
    Big Ed
    Romper Room Do Bee
    Immortals
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 10:08:43 AM »

In a better economy, with less stress on the budget, the tower may have been worth it to save.  The state is cutting the budgets of all the human service agencies, and even with a portion of our budget saved from cuts, we still work with less money.  The tower is an indulgence the state can't justify, unless no private enterprise with deep pockets steps in, doom.
    If life hands you melons your're probably dyslexic
    Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
    « previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
    Page created in 0.075 seconds with 23 queries.