Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:52:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Regional Urban Exploring  |  New England  |  CT Milford - GE plant ( Locally it's affectionately called England)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CT Milford - GE plant ( Locally it's affectionately called England)  (Read 781 times)
k8 vonwolfie
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2011, 12:29:44 PM »

This place may appear to be small but I assure you it's not. This was orignally apart of one of the largest coorporations still in existence in the US, General Electric. GE has had numorous plants, and office buildings in CT. This place was one of them that has gone to hell.

It's literally a living piece of artwork because local artists found it years ago and constantly go in, cover up, and re-paint new works all the time. it's all grafetti but this is one of the only places that I know of that has real artwork up and not just names spray painted or stupid comments etc.

It consists of 3 buildings that are all connected by walkways, all gutted mostly, but the concrete creates a perfect canvas for the local artists. It's located in the woods, right next to a Lowes and a Hilton. The main part of the building are 2 huge rooms, 1000's of square feet full of artwork all over the walls etc. Some local bands have shot their music videos here, or have been photographed here. Skate ramps have been crudely made by local kids all around, and there is also a paint ball course set up.

It has been left to rot away because of the hazardous materials and chemicals left in the ground when it was a GE plant, that GE refuses to clean up. So needless to say, no one will purchase it because it will cost an astronomical amount to clean up the surrounding acres of land in order to put anything there.

view from above. It's right next to the Hilton and the Lowes on Old Gate Lane, Milford Ct

http://maps.google.com/

(  I am having technical difficulties at the moment so for now they're sideways. at least i can load pics now :))
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.