Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:07:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Photography / Video / History  |  Photography  |  One foxy hotel
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: One foxy hotel  (Read 1066 times)
k8 vonwolfie
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2012, 06:28:16 PM »

bed experiment by k8 vonwolfie, on Flickr

silver sink by k8 vonwolfie, on Flickr

yellow cart by k8 vonwolfie, on Flickr

lightpainting chair by k8 vonwolfie, on Flickr

linen cart by k8 vonwolfie, on Flickr

red chairs by k8 vonwolfie, on Flickr

drawers by k8 vonwolfie, on Flickr

toilet and firehose by k8 vonwolfie, on Flickr

toiletpaper by k8 vonwolfie, on Flickr

lost shirt by k8 vonwolfie, on Flickr

blood red by k8 vonwolfie, on Flickr

fun trip with garutachi, maritabee, and some others :)   

Dedecus
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 11:32:41 PM »

I really dig this set. I like your black and white as well. Favorites are 2 & 4. Great comp and light in 2.
Juxtapoz
Explorer of Abandoned Stuff
Immortals
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 01:44:56 PM »

DUDE! Awesome set. It makes me sad that scrappers are starting to destroy this place. I need to go here again.
Gnotorious
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 03:43:07 PM »

Especially like 2, and 8!

I'd be curious to see #1 without the added blur.  I thought it was just short depth of field at first but then realized.  It sort of makes me wish I could see the wallpaper but it also sort of makes me wonder why everything outside of the bed is blurry?  It's interesting, I'm just not sure I get it.
Axle
Urbex Legend

Hello World!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 06:07:03 AM »

Excellent photos.

Question on Number 1 - how did you achieve this look? In camera using a narrow dof, or a selective focus lens, or was it done in post with masking and blurring?
Gnotorious
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 12:32:57 PM »

K8, probably what you've seen is a "tilt/shift" or "perspective control" lens.  They are lenses for SLR cameras the simulate the movements available on a large format view camera where you can tilt and shift either the lens board or the film plane.  Since you can't actually swivel the front of the physical camera the lens itself allows movements to accommodate.

Basically the depth of field for a normal lens extends from one single fixed distance from the lens to another, all horizontally locked to the angle the lens is pointing, or "straight ahead" of the camera.  If you can tilt or shift the lens, it also tilts or shifts that plane of focus vertically or horizontally which can then be combined with aperture to make it large or small, just not in the same place it would normally be.

And yes, sometimes shifting the field of focus gives that miniature or model-like feeling to your pictures.

I did this post processing I believe with gausian blur in photoshop. I hightlighted the bed with the magic wand and then reversed the highlight so everything else was highlighted with the magic wand and then blurred the background slowly. I was attemtping to copy a look that I've seen done with a particular lens, a lot of people I've heard call it a lens baby? idk what lens it is though, so I tried to make it look like images i've seen taken with that lens. It might not even be a real lens.

But what it creates are images that appear to be smaller than normal, if that makes sense. It's like it shrinks down the focal point and creates a really deep dof in the background. I dig the look, so I tried. I think it's a failure though. The image is alright, the bed looks smaller so I somewhat achieved the look. I think most people who know the ins and outs of photoshop can tell right away, like Gnortorious pointed out. at first glance it's ok, but then you really look and you're like ohhhh...well thats just a blur. plsu if you look closely around the head board you can see where I didn't completely have the bed highlighted and had parts of the wall highlighted so it looks funky.

it was my first attempt wwwweeeeeeeee
MeKilla the Hun
Urbex Legend

chocolate salty balls

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 02:30:44 PM »

number 8 is awesome.  great wallpaper too haha
Muff Huffer DONT EVER FUCK WITH ME!
Mike Dijital
Webmaster
Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• Est. 1975

View Profile Dijital Photography
    « Reply #7 on: February 27, 2020, 05:32:00 PM »

Another fantastic set!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
    « previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
    Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.