Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:42:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Photography / Video / History  |  History and Preservation  |  The Final Report on Worcester State Hospital
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Final Report on Worcester State Hospital  (Read 866 times)
WSH
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2012, 08:52:02 PM »

Over the weekend DCAM released their final report on the Clock Tower at Worcester and what is now going to happen. It isn't pretty.

Here's the full report (at the bottom it lists all people that wrote letters, including some of us!):
 http://www.env.state.ma.us/mepa/mepacerts/2012/sc/enf/14839enf.pdf

I guess something else to think about at this juncture is the future of Hooper Hall (or as DMH/DCAM refers to it as the Hooper Turret). In the form letter we received they mention retiaing it and using it for the "a future use that will likely involve recognizing the rich history of Worcester State Hospital".
arntzville
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 08:58:42 PM »

"It includes a massive clock tour, visible from miles away"

Are you fucking kidding me?! Proof positive that this state is run by fucking retards, as if anyone had any doubt.
Skullflame
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 09:51:26 PM »

Thanks for posting this.  I was going to ask the other day if anyone's heard anything on this. 

Total retards.  "Historical" means nothing to a lot of people in this state which makes zero sense to me.  It always comes down to the almighty dollar.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.