Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:32:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Regional Urban Exploring  |  Everything else  |  The King
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The King  (Read 973 times)
Axle
Urbex Legend

Hello World!

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2012, 09:26:46 PM »

Former small scale coal power station that provided electricity for a massive factory complex. The power station and the factory's third unit, and a couple auxiliary buildings are all that's left after a fire razed the place in 2000, and now there's a Walmart.

We could not have asked for better weather...the sun was shining high in the sky, the weather was perfect (about 20-21C), the sky was blue with not a touch of cloud, as our rather odd group of explorers headed in along a running trail. All around us, signs of the American consumerism, big box stores, fast food places, the works. We moved quickly past the third unit, which these days looks more like a chop shop...which gave me pause, a quick skirt through a gap in a gate, then in through a cut out on a garage door, tearing the back of my pants open in the process.

But once inside, totally worth it. It was all pure decay...and rust, industry, well twelve years of abandonment does that to a place, and a lot of stuff left over just sitting there covered in a decade of dust.

I

II

III

IV

V

VI

VII

VIII

IX

X

XI

XII

Nikon D300 - AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm 1:2.8G
k8 vonwolfie
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 09:26:33 PM »

3,4,6,7 are my favs of the set, however the whole set is very well done.  4,6,7 I love the composition and colors in both the pipework and the wheels/valves. 3 i'm digging because the place looks like it stretches on forever and ever. well done   *waffle* *waffle* *waffle* *waffle* *llama2* *Nyah*

Sorry bout your pants dude, but it happens to the best of us. This whole past weekend i did so well going through all kinds of shit, pipes, ripped up metal, wood, everything basically and all states away. The second I get home and I end up ripping my fucking pants on a fence at a mill right down the road from me! haha   I feel your pain
Axle
Urbex Legend

Hello World!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 07:56:44 AM »

XIII

XIV

XV

XVI

XVII

XVIII

Pentax 645 - SMC Pentax A 645 35mm 1:3.5 - Adox CHS 100
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.