Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:57:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Regional Urban Exploring  |  Tri State  |  After Hours
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: After Hours  (Read 839 times)
Scarecrow
Custom Titty
Urbex Legend

Valhalladelphia

View Profile Flickr
« on: July 04, 2012, 05:47:57 PM »

Yeaaah it's been awhile since I've gotten a set up on here. Now that thing's are leveling out once again, I'm hoping to get back here more and more. (Now if only philly would stop this whole blight crackdown, I haven't had a good taste of asbesto's in way too long).

The two thing's that caused me to be somewhat absent lately ironically enough have bred this project, of which this is the first set that I'll post here. Switching to a third schedule shift at work (an easy transition for me when it came to sleep, but an ongoing process towards adjusting day to day routine) combined with moving to just south of Philadelphia's downtown (With two fellow deggi members  *puff*). I want to try to take atleast one night a week to shoot different area's of Center City and surrounding neighborhoods, during the small hours when much of the city is quiet as a suburb and almost as deserted (depending on where you go, the vicinity of city hall is always crawling with homeless of all breeds during the late night).

A deserted city has a weird vibe to it. It almost has the same feeling as if I where wandering an abandoned building, but on such an immense scale, and limitless possibilities. From long two-way shopping corridors completely gated up yet still emanating their classic commercialized glow (however a good bit dimmer) to the narrow row-home lined alleys, some of which the pavement is so narrow you wouldn't even be able to drive an ATV down them without some of it being on the sidewalk. The building's themselves usually have that towering dark presence of the larger abandonments I've seen in the dark, but some at such a size as to be overwhelming at the thought of it being empty and decrepit.

It's peaceful, yet unpredictable. Solitary, yet you can't predict what sorts of people you may encounter. Quiet, yet still always humming, like a car idling. My hope is to be able to get pictures that convey the same atmosphere that Philadelphia does while it sleeps...

SteaZer
S.O.L
Urbex Legend

"lord rick's tha shit"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 06:57:34 PM »

holy shit.... where do i start... all amazing... i love the outlook and look forward to your new work... great story to your photos....

:punk:
Team FAT Kidz
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.