Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:00:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Photography / Video / History  |  The "Off Topic" Forum  |  Penny ante Poker
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Penny ante Poker  (Read 989 times)
Big Ed
Romper Room Do Bee
Immortals
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2012, 01:25:32 PM »

A post Mike made brought a situation to mind.  No one died, escaped or had anything bad happen.  When I was working the 11 to 7 shift at Danvers , nights got boring, so a group of us began a penny ante poker game in the kitchen of A-1.
One tight we played a game where you're dealt a hand, and then two hands are dealt face up on the table, and betting begins. The goal was to make the best hand possible between your hand, and the cards on the table.  I think there was a wild card too.

I was dealt two of a kind with a wildcard, so I had an automatic full house.  On the table one of hands dealt had a pair of tens which matched my pair of tens.  on the other hand was a pair of sixes which coincidentally my pair of sixes matched.  So with the wild card I had five of a kind both ways  I was sitting pretty.  So I bet the hell out of the hand with another guy I kept raising, and raising, until the guy had had enough so he called me, and I laid down my cards.  He had five deuces , and I had two five of a kinds which both  beat his hand.  I must have made ten bucks on that hand.  The other guy went ape shit.  Swearing and stomping around, calling me a motherfucker.  Me, I just laughed like hell.
If life hands you melons your're probably dyslexic
Mike Dijital
Webmaster
Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• Est. 1975

View Profile Dijital Photography
    « Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 11:05:51 PM »

@Big Ed I would love to sit under your learning tree and hear the things you've seen.
    Big Ed
    Romper Room Do Bee
    Immortals
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 08:48:43 AM »

Hey Mike how are you doing?   I'm doing really well.  I remember that poker game in the thread.  Best hand I'd ever had.

It had been ages since I thought about DSH. Until the other day.  A news report came out about a suicide at a Concord  school. Some on mentioned they hoped it wasn't a kid or a teacher who found the body.  I agreed with them and flashed back to that one night at Danvers , it has never faded I don't think about it any more but...it's vivid as hell.
    If life hands you melons your're probably dyslexic
    Floyd
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 09:28:19 AM »

You should write a book, seems like everyone is doing it these days. Yours would be worth reading though.
    Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
    « previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
    Page created in 0.095 seconds with 23 queries.