Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 02:49:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Information Center  |  The Deggi Scrapbook  |  its getting that time of year again for great race rumblings
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: its getting that time of year again for great race rumblings  (Read 1297 times)
Mike Dijital
Webmaster
Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• Est. 1975

View Profile Dijital Photography
    « on: November 19, 2012, 02:38:19 PM »

Do we want to do it this year? Should we make modifications to fit the new direction of the site, should we leave it alone and hope for the best.

im looking for any input here, and I mean any.
    sewerRat21
    Darkroom Junkie
    Immortals
    Urbex Legend

Forum

View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 04:22:11 PM »

I say do it for sure! I didn't get to play last year, but I'm ready for a good challenge this year!
    Mike Dijital
    Webmaster
    Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• Est. 1975

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 05:28:00 PM »

I think the biggest issue is a level playing field. when the great race first started people wernt running around naked with ketchup in their shoes, it was a more methodical list, and more of a mind challenge rather than a CKY bam margera tank through 3 days of insanity,.

while I do think the crazy race has its place, i feel things like naked tasks, sharpie markers on your face, and tatoos turn off a casual reader who might want to race but wont cause certain members are crazy and will do anything no matter how over the top it is.

I think a tamer list with more of an emphasis on problem and puzzle solving rather than stunts would encourage more people who wouldnt have to participate. In the past ive had a problem with catering to a handfull of nutjobs screaming cause I thought doing away with the naked task would tank the race lol.  I think it can be an insanely fun weekend with tattoo's and running about nude. Also having a tamer list would open it up to the public, thus giving an oppertunity for more racers, and more challenge

the first 2 great races, no one got naked, and no one got a tattoo till the 3rd one. and we still have some of the best times in great race history., and i venture to say great race 2 was the best of them all

food for thought
    Big Ed
    Romper Room Do Bee
    Immortals
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 06:15:34 PM »

Have you considered anther ransom note contest?  It could be a week long event, that should make it easier for more people to participate.  It's also something not hampered overly by weather. Some week in December, or  a week in early spring.
    If life hands you melons your're probably dyslexic
    sewerRat21
    Darkroom Junkie
    Immortals
    Urbex Legend

Forum

View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 03:34:37 PM »

That sounds pretty cool Ed. And I like the idea of toning down the craziness as well. I do enjoy a good puzzle.
    cor726
    Immortals
    Urbex Legend

Deggi5 - Western Canada Division

View Profile SaskUrbEx
    « Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 05:13:18 PM »

We have had fun racing the last couple years, although everyone backs out just leaving Arilem and I.  I am in favor of taming down some of the stuff because we aren't about to do the naked tasks or tattoos. lol

Maybe this year I can get more people involved so we can have a real team - I think more booze will help.
    k8 vonwolfie
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 11:39:06 PM »

What's a ransom note contest?

And I mean if ppl want to get naked maybe leave that one thing in though i feel there should be more opportunites to gain as many points as that brings with some other task or many tasks. Best I could muster was a butt shot haha. Changing clothes was also fully disgusting in fucking 100 degree weather in my lovely humid area, however seeing chopsuey in my clothes was indeed hilarious.

And I didn't want to die of herpaghonasyphliaidsinmyvaginamouthearsandnose by swimming in dank ass water that's been sitting for god only knows how long, so maybe edit that out too haha!
    Mike Dijital
    Webmaster
    Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• Est. 1975

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 09:07:52 AM »

k8 the graf ransome note was, I gave each team a 100 letter/number note, the teams task was to take pictures of letters in graffiti writing around town, then go home on photoshop or something and crop/cut/paste the letters into an old school ransom note, like how the bad guys would use letters from magazines and news papers to make the note, you make your with grafitti letters you took pictures of
    Big Ed
    Romper Room Do Bee
    Immortals
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 07:01:33 PM »

I wrote some of the ransom notes  They're fun to do.
    If life hands you melons your're probably dyslexic
    k8 vonwolfie
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 11:16:41 PM »

That sounds kick ass! I know soooooo many spots with grafetti! I'd like that please. Sounds cool
    Mike Dijital
    Webmaster
    Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• Est. 1975

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 08:57:16 AM »

@k8 vonwolfie  and @Big Ed id be down for a ransom note if enough people wanted to do it, it was the fall event for deggi
    k8 vonwolfie
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 10:48:43 AM »

So so so! !!! Are you bringing it back?  Can we do a great race?  I literally already have a team lol, they just don't know it yet
    Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
    « previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
    Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.