Deggi5
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:37:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Downloads Login Register
Deggi5  |  Regional Urban Exploring  |  New England  |  Salem MA Abandoned Coast Guard Barracks at Winter Island
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Salem MA Abandoned Coast Guard Barracks at Winter Island  (Read 955 times)
jarrigo
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2020, 12:27:21 PM »

This is one of the only places left around this area that I know of that is still left to explore. If you know of any others please let me know. This place is easy to get into, however it is not safe! The main floor seems to be ok, but once you get upstairs (by use of a ladder on the outside of the window from the second to third floor) it is very dangerous. As you can see the ceiling is destroyed in some places, so the weather comes right in, and has for years, so explore with caution. As far as the bottom floor, I could not get to it. The staircase had collapsed. I probably could have gotten down there, but wasn't sure I'd be able to get back up if I did, and that is the only way out. It was pretty empty on the 2 floors I was able to see, so I figured that the bottom floor would probably be the same, so I didn't go crazy trying. You could probably bring in a piece of rope to make a make shift ladder to make it easier getting down and back up, but I went in with nothing but my phone and a flashlight.

I live in Lynn now, this was the first exploration that I have really done since before they tore down Danvers State. So if there are any local people around that know of any cool spots around here I could check out, let me know. Or if you are looking for an exploration buddy, I would love to tag along.

* 20180306_105418.jpg (34.74 kB, 398x708 - viewed 84 times.)
Dedecus
Urbex Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 10:48:52 AM »

@jarrigo is this inside the white mansion, I tried to get it once but it was pretty sealed,
Mike Dijital
Webmaster
Urbex Legend

• Immortals

• Est. 1975

View Profile Dijital Photography
    « Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 07:41:35 PM »

Wow @jarrigo thats what the inside looks like, I never got in either. I did try, but it was very sealed up in 2003ish
    jarrigo
    Urbex Legend

View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 12:30:38 AM »

Yeah this is the white building behind the old hanger building. I was about to get in with a small electric screw driver. On the front porch there are boarded up windows using only Phillips screws, came off in about a minute, and it was overgrown with bushes so no one could see where I was. I wouldn't mind going down there with you guys, as long as you guys take me to one of your favorite places to explore.
    Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
    « previous next »

SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Theme by nesianstyles
    Page created in 0.051 seconds with 24 queries.